Ayurveda, the sister science to Yoga, means “the science of life”. It is the world’s oldest recorded system of healing. According to Ayurveda, a person is healthy when all of the basic physiological processes are in balance: digestion is strong, all organs and tissues are functioning properly, elimination is regular, the senses are bright, and the mind and spirit are full of happiness. So ‘health’ in the Ayurvedic system is not merely the absence of disease, but rather a positive experience of well-being which permeates all areas of life — body, mind, and spirit.
During your initial 90-minute Ayurvedic consultation, we will:
- Find out your Ayurvedic Mind/Body Type (dosha) and any imbalances that may be present
- Discover specific dietary information about foods to favor and foods to reduce or avoid to maximize nourishment and digestion
- Find out what herbs, colors, and aromatherapies can help you return to or maintain balance
- Receive specialized oil recommendations for self massage
- Recommend a daily routine to balance the mind-body-spirit complex
- Learn specific yoga poses, exercises, meditation techniques, and Pranayama breathing practices ideal for your doshic type
The suggestions provided during the initial consultation will enable you to better understand and regain your natural balance (Prakruti) and move away from the imbalanced state (Vikruti).
The Initial Consultation fee is $100 and lasts about 90 minutes. You will leave with general information about your doshic type. More detailed and highly personalized recommendations regarding diet, exercise, and lifestyle changes that you can implement to correct any doshic imbalances you may be experiencing will be emailed to you within 7 days of your initial visit. Follow up sessions are $75 per hour as needed.*
Ayurvedic Lifestyle Coaching can be done in your home or mine. Serving the Lancaster/York, PA region. Email email@example.com or call 717-758-4026 for more details, or click here to make an appointment.
* A free 30 minute follow-up phone consultation is suggested one month after the initial consultation to assess the process of implementing the recommendations and to answer any questions. After that time, one-hour consultations are suggested monthly for general health maintenance and further recommendations as needed.
Prices subject to change. Payment is expected at time of service. Cash, personal checks, or credit card payments through Paypal are accepted. If you must reschedule or cancel any appointment, please give 24-hours advance notice. Any session canceled with less than a 24-hour notice will be assessed a 50% cancellation fee.